Skip to main content

I AM LEGEND: A MOVIE REVIEW

It is not often I find myself in a state of confusion after watching a movie. I would like to think that I am a pretty smart “cookie,” in this case, however, I am dumbfounded. I understood that the Will Smith character was “suppose” to be the last man on Earth except when he wasn’t, the viral zombies and dogs being the only vestiges of life left. I understood that he was supposed to be finding a cure. I even understood that the Will Smith was suppose to be kind of nuts, due to his loneliness, and the fact that he believed that “may” be some actual survivors left on Earth.

However, after watching the performance of Will Smith carrying two-thirds of the movie, I am confused on why they chose so abruptly to end the movie. Why not show the development of the relationship between the new characters. Why not show the progress of the cure, or even, the establishment of the villain within movie, the zombie viral leader. I AM LEGEND has too many flaws for me to list or to go through without me getting a migraine. The movie overall was pretty good until the last third, therefore I cannot recommend it as a “go see,” but only as a “discounted” DVD recommend. Hmmm, well, even my review seems to cut to the quick….

Comments

Popular Posts